Check your Status

students hold their cell phone & financial aid staff helping student on computer

I just applied for Financial Aid, what do I do next?

After you applied for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the California Dream Act Application (CADAA), you can check your application status using MyFinancialAid.

Through the MyFinancialAid portal, you can:

  • View communications regarding your financial aid from the Financial Aid, Scholarship, and/or Veterans Affairs Offices
  • Check the status of your application
  • View a list of documents we've received from you and a list of the documents still outstanding
  • View your financial aid awards (including scholarships, if applicable)
  • View your student loan history at SRJC
  • Check the status of your student loans for the current year
  • Accept or decline pending awards

To get started using MyFinancialAid, you need to have a SRJC student ID number and have submitted either the FAFSA, CADAA, or an AwardSpring application.

I did not apply for financial aid yet...

Not to worry, you can start now by completing the FAFSA. When filling out the “School Selection” section of the application, please enter 001287 in the “Federal School Code” box. If you are completing the CADAA, please enter 001287 under the school code section. Need assistance with completing the FAFSA or CADAA? Please reach out the Welcome & Connect Center.

In addition to applying for FAFSA or CADAA, don’t forget to apply for SRJC Scholarships to help with your educational expenses. Once we receive your information from either of these applications, you can then start using MyFinancialAid. Need help navigating MyFinancialAid Portal? Watch this helpful 2 minute video.

MyFinancialAid Terms & Conditions


I understand that Financial Aid, Scholarship, and/or Veterans Affairs Offices will communicate with me through MyFinancialAid. By accepting these Terms & Conditions, I agree that it is my responsibility to check MyFinancialAid regularly for important information regarding awards.


I understand that my academic record will be evaluated after each semester to determine if I am meeting the Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) requirements to maintain financial aid eligibility for the next semester.


I understand that I must have a current educational plan on file by meeting with an academic counselor. To schedule an appointment with a counselor, please call 707-527-4451 or visit the counseling department website.


All awards are based on full-time enrollment of at least 12 units. I understand that if I enroll in less than 12 units, that I may lose eligibility. Some awards may be pro-rated for less than full-time enrollment. For information regarding specific award requirements, visit your “MyFinancialAid” portal.


I understand that the California College Promise Grant (formerly known as the BOG Fee Waiver) only waives enrollment fees and a portion of parking fees and that I will not receive a physical check.


I understand that it is my responsibility to meet the requirements of each award and submit any necessary documents using StudentForms* in a timely manner to avoid processing delays. (*StudentForms is a portal which allows students and parents to submit required financial aid documents online using a smartphone, computer, or tablet.)

Access MyFinancialAid