The California Dream Act (AB130 and AB131) passed, and became effective January 1, 2013. This Act includes BOG Fee Waiver eligibility for qualified students with an AB540 residency exemption at community colleges. It also includes eligibility for Cal Grant Entitlement programs, see http://www.csac.ca.gov/news/G-30_calgrantcomparisonchart.pdf for more information on Cal Grant Entitlement.
Other information and resources for AB540 students are available through the SRJC Dream Center http://admissions.santarosa.edu/dream-center
For FALL 2016/SPRING 2017 AB540 BOG Fee Waivers, students can apply two ways:
- By meeting the income qualifications and completing the SRJC 2016/2017 BOG application at; http://financialaid.santarosa.edu/board-governors-fee-waiver
- By meeting the income qualifications and completing the California Dream Act application with the California Student Aid Commission at www.csac.ca.gov/dream_act.asp
For FALL 2017/SPRING 2018 Cal Grant eligibility, students must:
- Complete the Dream Act application at www.csac.ca.gov/dream_act.asp
- Complete and mail the non-SSN GPA verification form available at www.csac.ca.gov/dream_act.asp
- Both the CA Dream Act Application & GPA Verification must be completed prior to March 2, 2017.
- Submit the AB540 Nonresident Tuition Exemption form to Admissions & Records http://admissions.santarosa.edu/sites/admissions.santarosa.edu/files/CA-Nonres-Tuition-Exemption.pdf
Tips for the 16/17 and 17/18 Dream Act Application:
- Have you and your parents' 2015 income information or W-2s
- Sign with a user name & password