The California Dream Act (AB130 and AB131) passed, and became effective January 1, 2013. This Act includes BOG Fee Waiver eligibility for qualified students with an AB540 residency exemption at community colleges. It also includes eligibility for Cal Grant Entitlement programs, see the Cal Grant Comparison Chart for more information on Cal Grant Entitlement.
Other information and resources for AB540 students are available through the SRJC Dream Center http://admissions.santarosa.edu/dream-center
FALL 2018 / SPRING 2019 California College Promise Grant - Two Ways To Apply
- By meeting the income qualifications and completing the SRJC 2018/2019California Promise Grant application at; https://financialaid.santarosa.edu/california-college-promise-grant
- By meeting the income qualifications and completing the California Dream Act application
FALL 2018/SPRING 2019 Cal Grant Eligibility
- Complete the California Dream Act application at www.csac.ca.gov/dream_act.asp
- Both the CA Dream Act Application & GPA Verification must be completed prior to March 2, 2018.
- Submit the AB540 Nonresident Tuition Exemption form to Admissions & Records https://admissions.santarosa.edu/sites/admissions.santarosa.edu/files/2008_ab_540_affidavit.pdf
Tips for the 2018/2019 California Dream Act Application:
- Have you and your parents' 2016 income information or W-2s, here is a detailed list of what is needed to apply.
- Sign with a user name & password
2018-19 California Dream Act Application Tutorial