About AmeriCorps Education Award
The AmeriCorps Education Award is offered to individuals who successfully complete a term of service in an approved AmeriCorps program and can be used to pay for tuition, books & supplies, and other educational-related expenses. Award amount varies and is based on the number of hours you completed. To see specific details regarding your AmeriCorp Educational Award, please log into your AmeriCorps Portal.
How do I request my AmeriCorps award?
If you are an AmeriCorps recipient, we want to thank you for your contributions and for making a difference in the lives of the people in your community. If you are not, you can learn how to be involved and find volunteer opportunities by visiting the AmeriCorps website.
Once your AmeriCorps service ends and you are enrolled in at least .5 units for the semester, you may complete these steps to request your education award:
- Log into your AmeriCorps Portal | first time users will be prompted to register
- Create and submit a request for your AmeriCorps Education Award benefits under "My Education Award"
- When given the option to choose Payment Type, please select "Education Expenses"
- Indicate the semester you want to use your education award
- Fill in any amount up to and/including the award balance you want to use
- Search and select Santa Rosa Junior College as your institution (Federal Code 001287)
- Certify and submit your request
Please note, you may only use one AmeriCorps award per semester at Santa Rosa Junior College.
How does my AmeriCorps Award disburse?
After you submit your request and the federal funds come to SRJC, your enrollment will be verified by our financial aid office, and disbursement will be made and processed by BankMobile. Please log into the BankMobile site to set up an account for automatic deposit. Please make sure your address is up-to-date, you may update your address in your Student Portal.
Disbursements will be made in two payments, one at the beginning of the semester and another at the mid-point of the semester. Please visit our payment calendar page to see exact payment dates.