Paying for College

SRJC For Free

The Financial Aid Office offers a variety of programs to assist students with meeting the costs of higher education.

Some awards consist of two or three types of aid put together as a financial aid package.

By completing FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) you are applying for all these programs in a single application.

To start the financial aid process, review our checklist and eligibility requirements by visiting our Financial Aid Checklist.

To determine if parent information is necessary, visit:




The Federal Pell Grant provides federal money for non-tuition and tuition paying students. The federal government determines who is eligible and how much each student is eligible to receive. 

PELL GRANT CHANGE: Effective Fall 2012, students are now limited to the equivalent of six full time years (or 600%) of Pell Grant eligibility during their lifetime. This change affects all students regardless of when or where they received their first Pell Grant(s). Students who have already used 600% of their Pell Grant eligibility will no longer be eligible to receive a Pell Grant. 

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)
This federal program is designed to assist students with exceptional need by supplementing other financial aid sources. In order to be considered for FSEOG you must submit your FAFSA by state filing deadline, March 2 every year.

Federal Work-Study (FWS)
This program provides part-time employment at the College so that students can earn money while gaining work experience for employment after graduation.

Bureau of Indian Affairs Grant (BIA)
This grant is available to students of at least one-quarter Native American heritage. Students must fill out additional agency forms in order to qualify for these funds. For information call (202) 208-6123.




  • waives the per unit fees charged for enrollment for an eligible student.
  • waives any parking permit fee in excess of $30 per term. 
  • Students who submit the FAFSA or California Dream Act Application annually will automatically be evaluated for California College Promise Grant eligibility. No additional application is required.
  • If you are unable to complete the FAFSA or California Dream Act Application, please contact the Financial Aid Office during our regular business hours for assistance.


Cal Grant Dancing Graduate




Cal Grant A — Cal grant A pays tuition at a university. For students who plan to transfer, it can be held on reserve while the student attends community college.

Cal Grant B — For students from disadvantaged backgrounds, this grant pays a stipend to assist with college costs. For university transfer students, Cal B pays tuition and stipend.

Cal Grant B funding is limited to four academic years. In order to graduate with a Bachelor's Degree in four years, you must complete 15 or more degree applicable units per semester. Create a plan with your academic counselor to ensure you will graduate in four years.

Cal Grant C — Specifically to assist students in certificate programs for up to two years.

Chafee Grant- This grant is for current or former foster youth only. Awards are up to $5000 per year.

To apply for the Chafee grant, link to the online application: